Update 3.0 is here and it introduces the community to the Ranked Beta! Ranked is the destination where players will be able to scratch their competitive itch. In the Ranked playlist players are separated into divisional tiers and brackets, additionally there are a number of lobby changes to create a more competitive atmosphere. Before you get too anxious to play some Ranked, make sure that you have reached the appropriate level to compete! Players must reach level 10 before they can enter Ranked. The first game modes in the Ranked playlist are Jackhammer and Annihilation.
There is a major change to the Casual playlist lobby experience that allows players to vote on the specific game mode they would like to play. Watch the Dev Stream below to see the changes in action:
Ranked Mode (Beta)
Players now have the ability to receive a divisional ranking based on how well they perform in each game. Before receiving a rank, players must participate in 12 provisional matches to assess their appropriate Division. The Ranked playlist currently features two of our existing game modes: Jackhammer and Annihilation. Players will maintain a separate rank for each mode they choose to play.
Ranked Level Gate
Players must reach level 10 before entering the Ranked playlist.
Ranked Lobby Changes
Players cannot see opponents from the other team while in a lobby. Like the Casual playlist, map voting has been disabled.
Casual Playlist Voting
The voting system has been altered to only include a list of all game modes when players are in the lobby – maps selection has been removed. The map selection will be determined based on the selected game mode.
New Weapon Part
- Light Machine Gun Barrel
New Character Customization Items
- Axl Orgasm Donor T-Shirt
- Helga Nerd Glasses
- T-Bone Nam Packs Belt
- T-Bone Karate Man Headband
- T-Bone Zebra Thong
- Pole Dance Taunt
- Added new UI to the Locker for Ranked progress and statistics.
- Blute Boosts and XP Boosts now stack.
- In Extraction, the collector has 30 seconds to collect Blutonium or that player explodes.
- All game modes except Annihilation are available in co-op bot matches.
- Removed the black background frame from the in-game chat text.
- Bots populate matches that are not full in the Casual playlist.
- Removed the ready up button from the game lobby.
- Players can no longer use shields while carrying the hammer, blutonium, or while taunting.
- Addressed the “suicide” exploit in Death Snatch. The vials of players that suicide can now be captured or denied.
- Removed the damage bonus on Mortar.
- Increased the reload time on Mortar by 5% .
- Improved inertia and less erratic bouncing for Skipping Pulse.
- Reduced the damage on the Pulse Shotgun slightly.
- Improved the reload speed on the Pulse Snipers and Shotguns.
- Pulse Sniper and Headhunter are now more accurate when aiming, and projectiles travel slightly faster.
- Extended the length that Juice stays active before its starts decaying.
- Reduced accuracy bonus to some Rifle scopes for Tier 2 and Tier 3 versions.
- Reduced the outer blast radius of large Launcher explosions by 5%, and inner blast radius by 10%. Boosted the size of smaller explosions to compensate.
- Removed manual venting on the Beam Chassis. As a result, the base cooldown rate has been increased.
- Beams now have an optimal range for dealing damage, which varies based on the barrel used. The damage drop-off occurs for enemies that are too close or too far.
- Updates to the rate of fire and damage for beam parts, to accommodate the range and venting changes.
- Beams cool 50% slower when not equipped (i.e. your secondary weapon).
- Reduced Personal Shield duration to 8 seconds from 10.
- Players can no longer pick up an ammo crate to refill the Personal Shield while the shield is still active.
- Activating a Personal Shield no longer extinguishes Pyro.
- Increased Deployable Shield’s health from 150 to 200.
- Faux Packs now damage players appropriately when triggered.
- Fixed a bug with Faux Packs causing them to trigger improperly.
- Fixed bugs to bot navigation where they could get stuck.
- Fixed collision issues on Spires.
- Fixed collision bug with the Directional Shield.
- Fixed issues related to logging in.
- Fixed a bug causing missing part icons.
- Improved art on the Double Barrel rockets.
- Fixed a Turret bug causing Pyro damage to stop when the turret was destroyed instead of persisting through to the end of the damage.
- Improved localization.
- Fixed a bug that prevented mines from destroying on Directional Shields when the shield was destroyed.
- Fixed the buff meter in Color Blind mode.
- Made Improvements to matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug causing the Omega Man achievement to not unlock properly.
- Fixed a bug causing the decals to not show.
- Fix a few bugs causing client crashes.
- Fixed several spawn points embedded in the ground.