Enter Your Birthday

Australian and South American servers were "disabled"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barty, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Barty

Barty New Member

Please, kindly ask not to link this with another topic.

Greetings Ronny,

Unfortunately, after reviewing the history of our various game servers traffic seemed that our Australia and South America servers were not seeing enough traffic to support players the ideal match, resulting in waiting times too long for matches degraded efficiency the matchmaking system. Although the decision for now was to disconnect the Australian and South American servers, please know that our history we monitor traffic on a regular basis, and so we see a sufficient number of players accessing our game servers from these regions, we reevaluate the possibility of activating these servers again!

My deepest apologies for any inconvenience this change may cause you!

Warm regards,

Jason
    Kick-Ass Support
    www.loadout.com

Today I received the answer that both servers have been shut down , in order that they may be reactivated , but do not believe in chance .
    I am very upset with this situation . The two servers can not have as much traffic as North America or Asia, but had players who liked to have his space , have your local server where your ping was actually much smaller . Unfortunately I am very discouraged with the game today also talked to several friends who also play most of them are wanting to stop playing , because in addition to being affected in relation ping ( Many will say that ping does not change , but the lowest ping has a great advantage ) . Would you like to also appeal to the moderators and founders that they should give a chance to our servers , it is very frustrating that situation .
    Many players spent money on the game , I 'm one of them , if I knew that my server was disabled I would not spend money on the game , because one of the things that encouraged me to keep playing was to have a local server , the only thing holding me now are the friendships I made, but I think many will not stay long, as I do, thank you.
    I would force everyone to ask our servers again. I ask everyone to support this cause to write their names.

Loadout.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. KPA

KPA New Member

My name in the game is KPA and i support this !

Attached Files:

PotatoMario, Armiroke and Barty like this.
  3. AvastBR

AvastBR New Member

Publication supported good kid, want our servers again! I also spent and started playing because he had servers in South America! by : AvastBR
    Armiroke and Barty like this.
  4. Armiroke

Armiroke New Member

My name in the game is Armiroke and i support this. I want to play again in my region a dedicated server.
    Barty likes this.
  5. TaerKast

TaerKast Deputy

I'm not surprised SA doesn't have enough players.

Gaming is pretty much non-existent down here.
  6. funkotronic

funkotronic New Member

Really disappointed in how this was handled. No official announcement from an EoR representative on the website, the forum or even twitter. Also if there was information that the player numbers were bad and this would be the outcome then why not warn the players? The smaller player base wouldn't of become bigger quickly but they might have become more regular.
  7. Barty

Barty New Member

Selfishness my dear friend, just because we are the minority, shut down our servers and have no warning?
  8. TaerKast

TaerKast Deputy

I agree with you on the "no warning" thing, but I never expected SA to have a lot of players.
    Walrus and rawket like this.
  9. S4bb4th

S4bb4th New Member

My name in the game is S4bb4th and i support this. I demand as a player, come back the south american server !
    Armiroke and Barty like this.
  10. Pl4sMa

Pl4sMa New Member

My nickname is Pl4sMa and i support this. I feel a difference when playing with 32 ping and with 100, more when talking or capturing the hummer or laggy more than before. In conclusion it's a pity we don't have our SA server anymore :(.
    I hope Edge of Reality administration shows interents in returning them.
  11. beijinhonoombro

beijinhonoombro New Member

Please return with servers, I support this topic
    Armiroke likes this.
  12. grind3rman

grind3rman New Member

As an Australian player who has shown support for this game in cold hard cash I am pretty disappointed with the decision to close servers, you're never going to get a large player population or high volume traffic in these regions.
    You do however get a dedicated fan base.
    Slayer240sx and Armiroke like this.
  13. TaerKast

TaerKast Deputy

I understand all of you and yeah, it sucks to have your server taken down, but remember that renting servers costs money and if the income isn't good from those places, it may hurt EoR in the long run.

But I'm sure they'll bring them back again if they see a significant number play again.
    UltraLuchador and beyta like this.
  14. ZorkNemesis

ZorkNemesis Well-Known Member

I remember Uber reinstated their Australian server due to an overwhelming amount of requests. Said server was lucky to see a full ten players after that had happened. The people who want the server might be there, but if there's not many people I think they'd end up going to other servers anyway just to get full/more frequent games.

Of course, I'm not in the SA/AU regions so I'm not really an expert on what would work and what wouldn't.
  15. Talez

Talez Active Member

Eaí Barty,Avast...

this is not the first time they disable the servers,its all about the number of players,and everytime I try to play on SA Server I find the same Players on the lobby,I played with you 3 times in a row! I play vs more Argentinos than BR's, I cant even find Annihilation.Thats Why I change between SA and NA everytime,cuz sometimes I cant matchmake in diferent games...so I Think they are right to disable the server,sry

Maybe one day the server come back,when the SA players strikes in a big number again... And Loadout is not that laggy with 70-90 ping on NA servers right?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    TaerKast likes this.
  16. Dasmir

Dasmir Active Member

Really SA server got shutdown?
    Time to uninstall or play with 200 ping afff.
  17. TaerKast

TaerKast Deputy

Am I the only one in SA who has no problems at all playing on either NA or EU?
    UltraLuchador, rawket and Talez like this.
  18. Lockisbetta

Lockisbetta Active Member

I'm disappointed by EOR's lack of communication, was it so hard for a dev to post explaining why they're gone rather than leave us wondering what's happened?
  19. Deim0z

Deim0z New Member

I also think this was really rude from the game devs, not even announcing it or anything, many of my friends are also considering just stop playing, which would lead to me doing the same.

My question is this: Why not just use a smaller capacity server if the traffic of users is low?

I think just shutting down the server for two whole big regions, when the game hasn't even been free for that much time it's rude, drastic and really dissappointing.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    JPB and hackomo like this.
  20. ESJBeefyC

ESJBeefyC Well-Known Member

wow sorry to hear about this, there def is quite a few Australian players i know for this game, sad to hear their region is being disabled.

le sigh
    JPB and PoisonFudge like this.
Back To Top ▲