Dev Stream "It's beginning to look a lot like Krampus..." (12/18/2013)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beyta, Dec 19, 2013.

1. beyta

beyta Deputy

Hey guys, sorry for the late note-posting but the board wasn't up directly after the stream and then my nick had to change and and and...I know, excuses excuses. I'm still the same ol' beta_angel you knew but with the extra added requirement of using my in-game name!

Yesterday's Pre-Xmas stream was very interesting to say the least. Arctyc started up the stream with a TON of new content changes and updates for us to see (HELGA'S FACE!!!). We found out that the dev team is so hard at work that hardly any of them were allowed out of their cages to actually *play* the game and chat with us but a few of them appeared to jimmy their locks to provide us a delightful stream.

Here are the notes and some fancy screenshots!! Let me know if I've missed anything or if things are borked!

TOPIC
    • THE TEAM IS ON LOCKDOWN! EVERYBODY IS BUSY! STOP BUGGING THEM!!!
    • Changes to the Weaponcrafting screen, now shows your XP
    • Outfitter has some new stuff too ALONG WITH HELGA FACE IMAGE!!! T-Bone's cigar now has smoke particle effects and they look great.
    • The Locker is showing new information and the AVATARS were shown. There will be 43 at launch with a majority of them being unlocked for free or unlocked by completing challenges (reach level 15, unlock by playing for 100 hours, etc).
    • Avatars will show up in the lobby playerlist and on your friends list. Helga avatar!
    • New artwork for the various boosts in the store. Lookin' good, WaffleDoodler!
    • Once you a join a fresh match, it'll show on your Loadout screen what map and what gametype you'll be playing.
    • When you kill an opponent, your avatars are shown next to the kill name.
    • The UI (team score in the bottom left and weapon info in top left) are going to be flipped but stay on the left side. The Map is going to the bottom right hand side and all of it's going to me minimized a bit so that there's less visual "clutter" (more streamlined) on the HUD.

Miscelleanous
    • Arctyc is working on migrating the forums! All the important forum posts are being collected and moved.
    • Helga has taunts that are specific to her BUT will be aviailable for the guys...so, they're going to look a little weird for the gents.
    • "It's not like Helga is not gonna get a dick" - Danny.
    • Shattered has changed a whole lot. It's lengthened and it'll be the biggest map in that sense by a lot.
    • Beam reticle is now a wonderful little dot!
    • The Cat Daddy taunt should show up in the next build assuming Loadout hits 20k likes on FB.
    • There is no date for the next build.
    • Helga will have a default cigarette and tattoo that are removable.
    • Annhiliation control points have changed slightly! The flags were just placeholders, now they're these self-charger things that look like a streetlamp
    • The Annhiliation minimap has also been updated. It shows the hammer as a flag moving around and just generally looks cleaner.
    • Annhiliation will also have a "surrender" option so in the event that your team is getting destroyed, you can choose to wave the white flag.
    • A thumbs up taunt will be added to the outfitter and there may very well be some information on how to get it for...FREE!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Qwahzi

Qwahzi Active Member

They also mentioned that they're working on a big trailer (perhaps for Open Beta/Launch?).
    beyta and rawket like this.
  3. rawket

rawket Deputy

Can't wait for them overalls. D:
    junglistt and beyta like this.
  4. Flippy

Flippy Well-Known Member

Can't wait for my bubble pipe I mean, Cigar
    beyta likes this.
  5. beyta

beyta Deputy

They did. I chose not to add that particular piece of information because I didn't feel there was enough to warrant it. I'll definitely update notes later on when there's something more concrete.

:)
  6. Qwahzi

Qwahzi Active Member

Also, I suspect the thumbs up taunt is related to the referral system:
    http://www.loadout.com/account/create/?bro=135

EDIT:
    https://www.loadout.com/account/manage/
  7. beyta

beyta Deputy

I would guess so as well but without any breakdown I'm not gonna make any assumptions in the notes.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. CynicalCoder

CynicalCoder Edge of Reality Staff Member

Good man.
  9. Qwahzi

Qwahzi Active Member

Yep! I was just posting my own speculation for the sake of discussion. Could be totally unrelated. :D
    beyta likes this.
  10. Th3Assasinat0R

Th3Assasinat0R Well-Known Member

In the new lobby, the question marks ( ? ) are still shown :\ I though those were placeholders for avatars
    beyta likes this.
  11. beyta

beyta Deputy

Their chosen avatars are right next to the question marks.
  12. Th3Assasinat0R

Th3Assasinat0R Well-Known Member

Exactly, I thought the chosen avatars would REPLACE the question marks...clearly, it isn't so. Well what are the question marks for then ?
    beyta likes this.
  13. beyta

beyta Deputy

Your guess is as good as mine.

All in due time, my friend. All in due time.
  14. Walrus

Walrus Deputy

it used to be to show which team you were on (A, B or ? (random)), but since that got removed, wonder how it'll be utilized aswell.

testedit
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Th3Assasinat0R and beyta like this.
  15. Shrimpchris

Shrimpchris Well-Known Member

The question marks are where "A" or "B" went when you chose a team. (When that was a feature)
    Edit: Goddamnit Walrus.
    Th3Assasinat0R and beyta like this.
  16. TaerKast

TaerKast Deputy

Waffledoodler

Anyways, great work on the notes beta!

Helga's face looks...

Cheeseburgers.
  17. junglistt

junglistt Deputy

Good notes! It was a really really fun stream.

Helga looks sexier than I imagined, it's going to be so.. much.. fun! :p

Looking forward to the Christmas Eve stream next week!
    beyta likes this.
  18. Technalcross

Technalcross Active Member

I have an issue with the bro code at the moment. Maybe I'll make a thread about it, but basically do I have to make a new account to access the Brocode? Flippy and I tried to get it working yesterday...
  19. Klitse

Klitse Deputy

Isnt the Bro-code for registering new players. So a referral system?
    Come to think of it, didnt we have a topic on the old forum begging EOR NOT to put up a referral system?
    TaerKast and Technalcross like this.
  20. Klitse

Klitse Deputy

Back To Top ▲