Ye Olde Banhammer

Discussion in 'Report Cheats / Hacks / Exploits...' started by Juffowup, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Juffowup

Juffowup Loadout Support

Just completed our first official ban wave - thanks to all of you who submitted reports and provided links to videos of folks being dirty jerkface cheaters!

While we sadly cannot prevent people from creating hacks, nor can we prevent players from buying said hacks, please note the following truths:
    • If you install and/or use a cheat program/trainer/overlay/editor/whatever - WE WILL FIND OUT.
    • Buying cheat programs from some shady character who claims that his program is undetectable is not a good idea. Of course they're going to say that - they want your money, and are more than happy to lie to you to get it.
    • If we ban you for cheating, don't bother arguing with us - we will ignore you. Please take your cheating butt elsewhere to feed your inner troll.
    • If you've recently started using a cheat program, keep in mind that we have a ZERO tolerance policy on cheating. Do not make yourself a target for the wrath of the Banhammer!
    I may not always announce when ban waves are going out, but I wanted to talk about this one a bit to give folks a better understanding of how serious we are about keeping things fun and as exploit-free as possible. Contrary to what some hack authors might claim, we do indeed have anti-cheat software in place, and we will take you out with impunity if need be.

Something else to keep in mind - Creating an "alt" account so you can mess around with cheat programs will result in *all* of your accounts getting banned, not just the account you used hacks with. -_-
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. CREETEN

CREETEN New Member

3. AsuunaYuukii

AsuunaYuukii New Member

4. omniPotent

omniPotent New Member

ive been accused of cheating , even tho im streaming my gameplay (twitch.tv/omneh) , have in mind that seeing videos is not always a good way to ban somebody. Having an anticheat is way better. There are FPS players that play by far better than others :) i got a 67-16 in a game full of nabs doesnt mean im hacking!
  5. 1911ridley

1911ridley Member

Im not saying you hack , but streaming proofs nothing.
    you can easily turn off all the visuals on your hack and still use aimbot with smoothaim combined with triggerbot to look *legit*.

@ the admins
    Good job , rape those kids where the sun never shines.
  6. ChaosEpoch

ChaosEpoch Well-Known Member

don't worry, no one will ban you if you aren't cheating. if you find yourself in a situation where people are saying you are cheating in the chatfeed and you aren't. I'd say to just make the most out of it by trolling them in the stupidest manner possible. "I'm not cheating, I just hooked up a toaster to my motherboard."
  7. rocketbass

rocketbass Well-Known Member

I have one question.

Does EOR staff have ability to ban cheaters once and for all? It will be sad if some cheater change his Steam account, IP, MAC, other credentials and then be able to go on the spree again.
  8. 1911ridley

1911ridley Member

I belive bans are applied to the STEAMID's and not IP/MAC.
  9. omniPotent

omniPotent New Member

To be frank about it im an http://www.esl.eu/eu/ player/admin for some years now and ive played countless games with ESL wire. Implementing an anticheat like that is WAY better than judging 1-2 custom made vids. I just point out that judging from a video is a bad idea cause some are going to get banned without even being hackers and by their way of doing it without at least communicating with the ones they ban its just not fair. At least they should monitor theyr K/D for 2-3 days to get more info into it than just banning without research. In a F2P game its destined to have newbs crying on every shot they get hit from. Infact ive stumbled till now across 3 guys telling me that i hack with scope cause im good with it , and when im saying good i mean GOOD.
    As for if im afraid or not obviously im not im a clean player for 9 years straight without any vac bans or gamebans i wont hack for a game like Loadout, you must be really low to do so :)
  10. Grackle

Grackle Active Member

Fairness in deliberation, and considering all of the facts, are certainly good measures to use. You make a good point. However, it's important to clarify that video footage alone is not the only resource used when investigating for potential cheats/exploits.

In other words ... we have other ways to confirm cheating/exploitation.
  11. Juffowup

Juffowup Loadout Support

Videos and player reports serve to alert us that there might be an issue - we use our anti-cheat measures to confirm anything before taking action. We do not under any circumstances ban players based only off player reports or videos.

We do have multiple ban pathways, but no method is 100% bulletproof. What we can do is make it incredibly difficult for someone to return, and if they do pop back up, we'll smack them back down again (assuming they continue cheating). The price of freedom from cheaters is eternal vigilance - I'm taking my team to Chuck E. Cheese's this weekend to practice on the Whack-a-mole machine. ;)
    UltraLuchador, TaerKast and Brawnkoh like this.
  12. DtCuzhate

DtCuzhate New Member

Right on fun game also!
  13. Taurgar

Taurgar Member

So i cannot use Team Speak 3 overlay? Ouch too late.
  14. rocketbass

rocketbass Well-Known Member

Weee! Forums are back again! :)

I started to send reports lately on suspected cheaters but it's something I do unwillingly because I'm not sure if they are good at the game or actually cheating. And assuming something bad about innocent person doesn't make me feel better at all. But I trust you guys at EOR know better and ignoring such issues as cheating might simply bury the game. At least someone will check my suspicions.

And I do realize that there's no guarantee, a bit of IT person myself. Don't want to overcomplicate things either with unnecessary details. But that's actually something we discussed with stepotronic over his teamspeak channel lately. Best way to avoid cheaters is to be vigilant. And it's a lot easier to spot one if you play team mode like annihilation over teamspeak or similar voice comm software. In my experience most of the cheaters avoid voice communication like plague and even when some joins - they tend to simply slip about their cheating. There's no helping there :D They say it or show it in obvious ways themselves most of the time. That's why I hope you bring back annihilation and parties soon.
  15. stepotronic

stepotronic Active Member

Teamspeak, Mumble and Overwulf overlays are fine, and whitelisted, right? Because I really like to use them.
  16. stepotronic

Anticheat simply does not exist, as long as there are people paying for cheats, there will always be ways to cheat. It is just making the life harder for those who want to play a fair game.
  17. Brawnkoh

Brawnkoh Deputy

There will always be ways to cheat, but I don't know if I would say "Anticheat does not exist". Things go undetected, things become detected, something new is created, and the circle of life continues. An anti-cheat is no different from virus protection software. Constant updates, constant changes, updated definitions, and ever evolving.
    Th3Assasinat0R likes this.
  18. stepotronic

Yeah, that is exactly the point i wanted to make. It is a battle you can't really win. Vulnerabilities in the software itself have to be eliminated and ofc keep banning them. But installing a lot of stuff that makes the client PC observable is not going to help.
  19. Brawnkoh

Brawnkoh Deputy

I completely agree.
    stepotronic likes this.
  20. Juffowup

Juffowup Loadout Support

I'm sensing a bit of confusion on the overlay part - legit overlays are clearly fine. If they weren't we'd all be banned (including everyone in the office) for using the Steam overlay. XD
Back To Top ▲